VLE is short form of Village Level Entrepreneur. They are the primary stakeholder of the CSC scheme launched by the government of India. vle insurance is a s part of digital India initiative to sell insurance to rural areas..
Currently, we have 2.7 lakh VLE in India which are spread across Gram panchayats from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. The main aim of these VLEs is the provide active services in the field of
- Government to Citizen Services (G2C)
- Business to Citizen Services (B2C)
- Skill development training
- Financial inclusion services to citizens online
- Different transaction reports
- Analyze the business in an effective manner.
- Log complaints regarding any transaction and other than transactions.
- Communication with other Stakeholders
A good VLE not only has strong entrepreneurial traits and social commitment, apart from financial stability, he/she commands credibility and respect in the community.
Village Level Entrepreneur CSC (VLE): – CSC is the outlet operated (and mostly owned) by Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) for delivering various government and non-government services to the end consumers which are normally villagers.
Documents required to become a VLE?
Below are the documents required to become a VLE
- Applicant photo
- Copy of highest educational certificate
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Canceled copy of a cheque
- Pan Card Copy
- CSC Centre Photos (Inside and Outside)
List Of Insurance Services OF VLE INSURANCE
|Life Insurance Premium Payment
||A VLE can make premium payment of their Life Insurance policies of any of the company listed on the Portal.
||A licensed RAP can sell the various types of insurance through Digital Seva, like, life insurance, Cattle Insurance and crop Insurance
||By becoming a Rural Authorized Person (RAP), you would be able to sell Insurance products through Digital Seva portal. To become a RAP VLE has to complete the RAP training modules and pass in RAP exam conducted by NIELIT.
||RAP’s can help customers for making changes & Register Claim against their policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF VLE?
Public place with safety and convenience.
Availability of Kiosk from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM.
To deliver the services smoothly to the users is available on Digital Seva Portal.
How to register on CSC as VLE?
To register on CSC, follow the following steps:
- Firstly, Visit the official URL http://register.csc.gov.in
- Click On apply Button.
- Enter the aadhaar number, Name and Authentication Type.
The License to CSC e-Governance Services India Limited has been granted on 12th Sept 2013 by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) to work as an Authorized Intermediary to market specifically approved insurance products through the Rural Authorized Persons (Village Level Entrepreneur’s) under the CSC Scheme of National e-Governance Plan under the IRDA Guidelines on Common Service Centres, 2013. To learn more click here
NEW LINK FOR LOGGING INTO VLE INSURANCE PORTAL
BENEFITS FOR VLE INSURANCE
Here are the few benefits for the VLE’s under CSC scheme after they pass the RAP exams:
- All VLE’s who pass the RAP (Rural Authorized Person) exam of IRDA are awarded License to issue fresh Insurance Policies through their Common Service Center and the link gets activated with 1-2 weeks of passing the RAP exams.
- Every VLE who qualifies the RAP exam gets FREE finger scanner device costing around Rs.2500 within 45 days of passing the exam through their state coordinator.
- RAP license (Hard Copy) can also be obtained through state coordinators with 2-3 months time.
Through the Insurance Link the VLE’s can procure fresh business under the following categories:
- Life Insurance: Currently VLE’s under CSC can undertake the fresh insurance business online of these 5 companies – 1. HDFC Life, 2. SBI Life, 3. Bajaj Allianz, 4. Aviva and 5. India First. While the representatives of these companies may visit you but VLE’s should try to get their OMT ID configurated through CSC Help Desk with these companies.
- Motor Third Party Insurance: Reliance General Insurance has already activated their link while other more than 10 – about 13 companies are in the process of configuring their online services through CSC’s.
- Personal Accidental Insurance: Though with the launch of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the personal accidental insurance has lost appeal yet high value lives can be insured using these services through CSC dashboard provided to VLE’s.
- Farmers Package Policy – This unexplored area has wide potential and VLE’s need to create awareness in farmers community to opt for Insurance instead of making suicides.
- Cattle and Livestock Insurance: VLE’s can book business under this category as they can offer competitive and low insurance premium rates.
- Fire and Allied Dwellings Insurance: VLEs can market this product in middle class families as poor families may not have even dwellings of their own.
In addition to the above CSC offers huge incentives to VLE’s based on number of transactions under deposit of Insurance Premiums of more than 17 companies as shown above. All VLE’s are expected to become Agents of Change for changing India.
|vle insurance registration