Veeru Devgan (born November 24, 1933) is an Indian Stuntman, Film Director, Action Choreographer, Actor, and Producer from Amritsar, Punjab (British India). He is best known as the dad of Ajay Devgn (Bollywood Actor, Producer & Director).
At the age of 14, Veeru moved to Mumbai city in 1957. Furthermore, Veeru did several odd jobs for car cleaning. He found some acting work in movies like “Kranti” and Sourabh”.
Though, these films could not bring any fame to him. He took the martial arts training to become a stuntman. The father of Ajay Devgn worked for many actors Vinod Khanna, Dilip Kumar, Dharmendra, and Rajesh Khanna as a stuntman.
Interestingly, he has also directed the bike stunt Scene for his son Ajay in his debut film named “Phool Aur Kaante” in 1991. Veeru faced breathing issues and taken to the Surya Hospital in Mumbai. However, the veteran action director died to illness on May 27, 2019, in Mumbai City.
It is sad news for his family members. Yesterday, his final rites conducted in Vile Parle West Crematorium, Mumbai. Sunny Deol, Shahrukh Khan, and Bobby Deol also attended their rituals.
Early Life, Parents & Before Fame
Ajay Devgn’s Dad, Veeru Devgan was born on the 24th of November, 1933 in Amritsar, Punjab (British India). As of 2019, his age was around 85 years old.
Though, his father, mother and brother-sister details have not updated. As of education, he has completed his high school graduation from a Government School.
Wedding, Spouse & Children
Bollywood Film Action Choreographer Veeru tied the knot with his wife Veena Devgan in 1968. Furthermore, this couple blessed with four children. Two of them are his sons Ajay Devgn and Anil Devgan (Indian Filmmaker).
Additionally, Kavita Devgan and Neelam Devgan are their daughters. Ajay is the husband of Kajol (Bollywood Actress). Moreover, the duo has one daughter Nysa Devgan and one son Yug Devgan.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Veeru Devgan.|
|Profession||Stunt & Action Choreographer, Movie Director, Producer, Actor & Screenwriter.|
|Famous For||Being the father of Ajay Devgn & Kajol’s father-in-law.|
|Age (As of 2019)||85 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 24, 1933.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab (British India).|
|Date of Death||May 27, 2019.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagittarius.|
|Caste||Saraswat Punjabi Brahmin.|
|Ethnicity||South Asian (Punjabi).|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Debut||1. Anita (1967, as a Stuntman).|
2. Sourabh (1979, as an Actor).
|Films||1. Roti Kapda Aur Makaan (1974).|
2. Khel Khel Mein (1975).
3. Dus Numbri (1976).
4. Khoon Pasina (1977).
5. Satyam Shivam Sundaram: Love Sublime (1978).
6. Dostana (1980).
7. Prem Rog (1982).
8. Pukar (1983).
9. Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985).
10. Mr India (1987).
11. Baap Numbri Beta Dus Numbri (1990).
12. Phool Aur Kaante (1991).
13. Dilwale (1994).
14. Sanam (1997).
15. Ishq (1997).
16. Lal Badshah (1999).
|Awards||Lifetime Achievement Award (2016).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″.|
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.|
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Parents|| Father: Not Known.|
Mother: Will Update.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Veena Devgan.|
|Children||Son: Ajay Devgn (Actor, Producer & Director) & Anil Devgan.|
Daughter: Kavita & Neelam Devgan.
|School||Government School, Amritsar.|
|Alma Mater||Will Update Soon.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ajay Devgn.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Karate, Driving & Watching Sports shows.|
|Favorite Dishes||Punjabi Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Rs. 80 Crore INR.|
|Earnings per month||Under review.|
|Home Details||House in Mumbai.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Veeru Devgan
- As per Wikipedia, Veeru directed action scenes in 80s Bollywood films.
- Furthermore, his movies are “Gurudev”, “Divya Shakti”, “Dostana”, “Mr. Natwarlal”, “Inkar” and “Dilwale”.
- Additionally, he appeared as a stuntman in “Anita” (1967).
- Ajay Devgn’s Father locked up in the Mumbai prison, as he could not pay train ticket fare.
- Actually, Manoj Kumar gave his chance in “Roti Kapda Aur Makhan” film.
- Devgan ventured in the direction in “Hindostan Ki Kasam” (1999).
- Additionally, he dreamt to make Ajay a big superstar.
- He decided to work on his physique by making a gym at home. In fact, Ajay attended dance and horse riding classes in school.
Explore More: The Biography of Priyanka Alva Oberoi, Vivek Oberoi’s Wife Lifestyle & Story
- Money Factor: As per financial detail, the estimated Net worth of Veeru Devgan is Rs. 80 Crore Indian Rupees (as of 2019).
- Moreover, Veena’s husband was last seen along with his son in “Total Dhamaal” (2019).
- Devgan awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016.
- He created a script for Ajay’s film named “Jigar” (1992).
- Though his friends finally returned to Amritsar the 77-year-old veteran star remained in Mumbai to fulfill his dreams.