NJM Insurance Group Insurance Company Details
Carol L. Voorhees Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
Tracy A. McManimon Senior Vice President & Chief Underwriting Officer
Chris Malone Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
NJM Insurance Group Plans details Review
NJM Insurance Group, headquartered in the West Trenton section of Ewing Township, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States, offers personal auto, commercial auto, workers’ compensation, homeowners, condo, renters, and umbrella insurance. It serves markets in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
NJM Insurance Group History
NJM Insurance Group, originally known as New Jersey Manufacturers Casualty Insurance Company, formed as a workers’ compensation insurance company in 1913, shortly after New Jersey signed the Workmen’s Compensation Act. The Company’s original goal was to provide cost-effective, safety-conscious, and financially secure insurance to New Jersey business owners. By 1922, the Company was the largest provider of workers’ compensation insurance in New Jersey.
In 1921, NJM began providing insurance for property loss, commercial auto accidents, private automobiles, and homes.
The company owns four subsidiaries:
- New Jersey Re-Insurance Company (NJRe) started writing policies in 1977.
- New Jersey Casualty Insurance Company was formed in 1999 to write coverage in the assigned risk market for workers’ compensation.
- New Jersey Indemnity Insurance Company was formed in 1999 to write coverage in the assigned risk market for personal auto.
- NJM Claims Management Services, LLC, was formed in 2016 to provide third-party administrative (TPA) services to companies that self-insure for workers’ compensation.
NJM’s main office has been in West Trenton, New Jersey, since 1966. Personal Lines and Commercial Lines Underwriting, General Claims and Medical Services Administration are headquartered there, as are most support services for Company operations. NJM has had additional offices in Northern New Jersey since the 1950s, and the Company’s Northern New Jersey branch has been in Parsippany since 1996. The Southern New Jersey branch opened in Hammonton in 2000.
In 2015, American soccer player and long-time NJM policyholder Carli Lloyd was announced as NJM’s spokesperson.
In 2018, NJM expanded its services to Pennsylvania residents.
NJM Insurance Group Personal Insurance
NJM provides auto, homeowners, renters, condo, and umbrella insurance to residents of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. NJM partners with American Modern Insurance Group to offer coverage for motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and collector cars.
NJM Insurance Group Commercial Insurance
NJM originally formed to provide workers’ compensation insurance to businesses in New Jersey. Today, it writes workers’ compensation coverage in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The Company has also provided New Jersey businesses with commercial auto insurance and commercial general liability insurance (CGL).
NJM Insurance Group Consumer Safety and Corporate Giving
NJM runs several Teen Driver Safety Programs, which bring safety programming and education to New Jersey schools. In 2013, NJM commemorated its centennial with a “DNT TXT N DRV” (Don’t Text and Drive) campaign. The company donated $50,000 to charity at the conclusion of the campaign, which marked the start of NJM’s Teen Driver Safety Programs. Since 2017, NJM has challenged New Jersey high schoolers to pledge to “Just Drive.” In 2018, “Just Drive” expanded into Pennsylvania in the form of a PSA contest for high school students.
Since 2013, NJM has donated more than 60 driving simulators to New Jersey and Pennsylvania high schools to support safe driving.
The Company also supports New Jersey philanthropic organizations, including HomeFront’s Camp Mercer, the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen, Junior Achievement of NJ, Habitat for Humanity, and others.
NJM Insurance Group Choose New Jersey
NJM is an ambassador of Choose New Jersey, which supports economic development in New Jersey.
NJM Insurance Group Greater Trenton
NJM supports Greater Trenton, which promotes economic development in New Jersey’s capital city. NJM’s Vice President of Public Affairs, Mike Van Wagner, participates on Greater Trenton’s Board of Directors.
NJM Insurance Group Trenton Thunder
NJM partners with the Trenton Thunder, the Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, for “Safe at Home.” Since 2012, this partnership has resulted in donations of more than $88,700 to Trenton-area organizations.
NJM Insurance Group Philadelphia 76ers
Since 2018, NJM has partnered with the Philadelphia 76ers to promote teen driving safety in Pennsylvania. In 2018 and 2019, the Sixers and NJM hosted a National Teen Driver Safety Week kick-off event at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The Sixers also help to promote the “Just Drive” campaign in Pennsylvania.
NJM Insurance Group Philadelphia Union
In 2019, NJM became the Official Automotive Insurance Partner of the Philadelphia Union.
NJM Insurance Group New Jersey State Golf Association
NJM is a Corporate Partner of the New Jersey State Golf Association (NJSGA) and the presenting sponsor of its Senior Amateur Championship.
NJM Insurance Group Financial Strength and Recognition
- AM Best Company financial strength rating: A+ (Superior rating), and Financial Size Category: XV. NJM’s Best rating has been “A” or better in each and every year except for a “C” rating in 1933.
- NJM generated zero valid complaints in 2010, 2012, and 2013, according to the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance. NJM regularly receives among the lowest complaint ratios of all carriers insuring at least 100,000 vehicles in New Jersey.
- NJM was the first company to receive J.D. Power’s Personal Auto Claims Certification in 2018. In 2019, J.D. Power ranked NJM Insurance Company among the best for overall satisfaction in its U.S. Auto Insurance Study.
- In 2019, Forbes included NJM on its list of America’s Best Employers by State and Best Midsize Employers.
- Clearsurance awarded NJM the #1 ranking for consumer’s choice among car insurance companies in 2018 and the #2 ranking in 2019.
- In 2016, NJM was the New Jersey State Governor’s Jefferson Award Honoree for its corporate giving program.
- The National Safety Council awarded NJM with the Teen Driver Safety Leadership Award in 2016, recognizing the Teen Driver Safety Program for its demonstrated results in changing behaviors and attitudes in young drivers and reducing teen crashes, injuries, and deaths.
- In 2019, PR Daily awarded NJM the Corporate Social Responsibility Award for Public Health or Safety Initiative for the Teen Driver Safety Program.
NJM Insurance Group Locations
- West Trenton, New Jersey
- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Hammonton, New Jersey