Nancy Alspaugh (born May 04, 1955) is an American Author, Producer, and Screenwriter from New York. She is well acknowledged as the first spouse of Matt Lauer (American television news anchor).
He gained immense popularity after starring as a co-host of NBC’s Today show from 1997 to 2017. He even worked as a contributor to Dateline NBC. Furthermore, the journalist also hosted the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade for several years with NBC.
Earlier, Lauer worked as a news anchor for The Today Show from 1994 to 1997. Back in November 2017, it was revealed by the channel that Matt’s contract was terminated after his alleged rape accusation.
However, NBC never told the identity of the woman who accused Lauer of inappropriate behavior. Recently, in October 2019, Ronan Farrow’s new book titled “Catch and Kill” came out which told the identity of the victim.
A woman named Brooke Nevils blamed Matt for sexually assaulting her. She is a journalist, TV producer, and former NBC news employee. The incident took place back in Sochi during the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Personal Life, Spouse & Kids
The 64-years-old Nancy Alspaugh married her then-husband “Matthew Todd Lauer” in 1982. They dated each other for several years before tying the knot in a private ceremony.
However, the couple never openly mentioned about their love life, marriage date & venue on the internet. Nancy and Matt have no children together and they took divorce in 1988.
Later, she wedded her second spouse “H. Read Jackson” in the following years. Alspaugh and her partner adopted a son named Wyatt Jackson. Unfortunately, on 25 January 2016, H. Read died due to cancer.
At the age of 3, Wyatt was diagnosed with autism. On the other hand, Matthew tied the knot with his second wife “Annette Roque” (Dutch model) on October 3, 1998, in Bridgehampton, New York.
The pair has three kids together i.e. two sons Jack & Thijs and a daughter Romy. During a 2017 interview, Nancy supported Todd Lauer and defended him on sexual harassment allegations.
|Real Full Birth Name||Nancy Alspaugh.|
|Profession||Author, Producer, and Screenwriter.|
|Famous for||Being the Wife of Matt Lauer (American television news anchor).|
|Age (As of 2019)||64 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 04, 1955.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||The United States of America.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||New York, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″. |
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.|
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-29-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents|| Father: Name not Known.|
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Matt.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||1. Matthew Todd Lauer (m. 1982 – div. 1988).|
2. H. Read Jackson.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors’s degree.|
|School||Private High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks|
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nancy Alspaugh
- Nancy Alspaugh’s birthday falls on the 4th of May and she was born in 1955 in The United States of America. Hence, her age is 64 years old, as of 2019.
- She first started her career and rose to prominence after working on Leeza Gibbons’ popular talk show as a screenwriter.
- In fact, the producer got nominated for five Daytime Emmy Awards for her work on Leeza.
- Furthermore, she received the honor in the category Outstanding Talk Show in the years 1995 and 1996.
- In the following years, Nany served for popular projects like Vicki and The Bradshaw Difference as a screenwriter and producer.
- Alspaugh gained immense fame for her work on “The Bradshaw Difference” and “Caryl & Marilyn: Real Friends” in 1996.
- Later, in 1997, the screenwriter again got nominated for Outstanding Talk Show and Outstanding Special Class Writing.
- As an author, she made debut with a book titled “Not Your Mother’s Midlife: A Ten-Step Guide to Fearless Aging” in 2003.
- Then, the writer published a book “Fearless Women: Midlife Journeys” in 2005.
- For her work, Nancy even won many awards such as The Genesis Award, The Gabriel Award, The Associated Press Award, The United Press International Award, and many more in her successful career.
- Alspaugh is also one of the active members of Autism Care and Treatment.