Jony Ive (born February 27, 1967) is an American-British Industrial Designer, Entrepreneur, Businessman, and Tycoon from Chingford, London. In fact, he also served as the Chief Design Officer (COD) at Apple. Jony joined the world famous mobile company in 1992.
Now, he planned to step down from his COD post in the organization. Furthermore, his full real birth name is Jonathan Paul Ive.
Ive decided to began his own creative business “LoveFrom”. On the other hand, he is also the Chancellor in the Royal Art College, London until 2022. In his service with Apple, he promoted as the Senior Vice President in the Design Department.
Jonathan Ive designed the devices like MacBook, iPad, iPhone, and Power MacG4 Cube. Additionally, he created different parts of Apple’s operating system. In fact, Jony began his career with a startup design firm named Tangerine Group.
His styling inspired by the Bauhaus design tradition. Actually, Ive believes in the less is more way in his job. Dieter Jam (German Designer) also appreciated his designs. He also received the Professor Hawking fellowship in 2018.
Before Fame, Parents & Profile
Jony Ive was born on the 27th of February 1967 (age 52 years old) in Chingford, London (United Kingdom). In fact, he brought up by Michael John Ive (father) and Pamela Mary Ive (mother).
His dad worked as silversmith and lecturer in the Middlesex Polytechnic College. Moreover, Ive’s grandfather was also an engineer. He attended the Chingford Foundation School. Then, he got the formal education of sculpture and chemistry at Walton High School.
Jonathan Paul Ive was the proud student at the University of Northumbria at Newcastle. In 1989, he graduated from the University with a BA Degree in Industrial Design.
He also had a brief stint at the Royal College of Arts. Actually, Jony spent his early life outside London.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
Now, Jonathan Ive is the husband of his wife Heather Pegg (British Writer & Historian) since 1987. Interestingly, they are together as a couple from high school.
Jony and Heather are the parents of two children. Currently, all of them are living in San Francisco, California (United States).
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Sir Jonathan Paul Ive.|
|Nick name||Jony Ive.|
|Profession||1. Industrial Designer. |
2. Former Chief Designer Officer (COD) at Apple.
|Famous For||Decided to resign the Chief Designer post from Apple in 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||52 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 27, 1967.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Chingford, London (United Kingdom).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Awards||1. Honorary Doctorate Degree, University of Cambridge.|
2. Received Fellowship at the Royal College of Engineering.
3. Most Influential Person as per the BBC Poll 2004.
4. Knight Commander in the British Empire.
5. Awarded Doctorate Degree from the University of Oxford.
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||San Francisco (California, USA).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 8″.|
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 68 Kg.|
Pounds: 150 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-33.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9.5.|
|Past Jobs||1. Tangerine Group.|
2. Robert Weavers Group.
3. Chief Design Officer, Apple.
|Business Name||LoveFrom (Creative Design Company).|
|Other Roles||1. Royal Designer for Industry (RDI).|
2. Chancellor, Royal College of Arts.
|Parents|| Father: Michael John Ive (Silversmith & Lecturer). |
Mother: Pamela Mary Ive.
|Relatives||Grandfather: Name Not Known (Engineer). |
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 1987.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Heather Pegg (British Writer & Historian)|
|Children||Son: Name Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||BA Degree (Industrial Design).|
|School||1. Chingford Foundation School.|
2. Walton High School.
|Alma Mater||1. University of Northumbria at Newcastle.|
2. Royal College of Arts.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Tom Cruise. |
Actress: Margot Robbie.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Cooking.|
|Favorite Dishes||Garlic Bread.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$500 Million US Dollars.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||$30 Million.|
|Home Details||San Francisco, California.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jony Ive
- As per Wikipedia, the 52-year-old designer likes to live a private life in his home.
- Furthermore, he won the RSA Student Design scholarship.
- Then, he traveled to the United States to do an internship with Robert Brunner in California.
- He also interned at the Robert Weavers Group before being with Apple.
- Meanwhile, he has impressed his employers with his dedication and work ethics.
- Jonathan Ive explored the world of automobile design in his High School.
- Moreover, he adopted the design approach of the Ulm School of Design.
- He attended the auto shows like Goodwood Festival of Speed and judged a few of them.
- In fact, he raised around $1 Million for the Product Red Charity work.
- As per the GQ 2013, he is in the 100 Most Powerful Bald Man in the World.
- Physique Details: Apple designer, Jony stands at 5 feet 8 inches tall in height (173 cm). His body weight is measured at around 68 Kg (150 pounds) approx.
- On the other hand, he has known for his signature looks like canvas pants and formal suits.
- His voice used in Apple’s promotional videos too.
- Additionally, he always used his impressive Essex decent in his speech.
- He ranked as the most influential personality in British Culture.
Explore More: Who is Carli Skaggs? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- Jonathan also honored with Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Academy of Engineering (HonFREng), and Knight Commander in the British Empire.
- Money Valuation: He gave his 27 years to the Apple Company. Therefore, Jony Ive’s Net worth is $500 Million Dollar (as in 2019). His annual salary is around $30 Million and he owned $25 Million Company’s stock. Actually, he has become the highest paid designer in the world. He owns a house of $17 Million in San Francisco too.
- Ive penned a book Designed by Apple California (2016).