Robert Upshur Woodward aka “Bob Woodward” (born March 26, 1943) is an American Journalist and Author from Geneva, Illinois. He is more of a investigate journalist rather than a normal journalist. Furthermore, the 75-year-old author working in the “The Washington Post” since 1971. He joined the publication house as a reporter. Now, Woodward is working as an associate editor in the company.
In addition, the famous author has written 18 books on American Politics. His 12 book remained in the best-seller book lists. In 1965, after completing his graduation, he served a five-year tour of duty in the United States Navy.
Moreover, his book “Fear: Trump in the White House” is expected to release on September 11, 2018. The book elaborates on the inside story of US President “Donald Trump”, as only Bob Woodward can tell it. In fact, Donald Trump and the White House responded back to his book. They said “Fabricated stories by former disgruntled employees”.
“It’s just another bad book. Woodward has a lot of credibility problems” Mr. Trump said.
Bob Woodward Spouse, Parents, Kids & Early Life
How old is the Washington Post associate editor? He was born on March 26, 1943, in Geneva, Illinois, USA. Therefore, Bob Woodward’s age is Seventy-five (75) years old as of 2018. His father “Alfred Eno Woodward II” was a chief judge of the 18th Judicial Circuit Court. Robert’s mother “Jane Woodward” was a homemaker. We have no information about his siblings.
Furthermore, he graduated in BA from Yale College. The 75-year-old journalist also joined Harvard Law School but later drop out. As per his wife, he married thrice in his life.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
In 1966, Robert married his girlfriend “Kathleen Middlekauff”. But they called off their marriage in 1969. Later, Woodward married his second spouse “Frances Kuper” in 1974. They also share a daughter “Taliesin” together. But unfortunately, they also split in 1979.
Currently, the 75-year-old journalist married a beautiful lady in 1989. The name of Bob Woodward’s wife is “Elsa Walsh“. She is a writer for The New Yorker and the author. The couple has a daughter together named “Diana Woodward”.
Bob Woodward Biography, Spouse, Age, Net worth, Kids, Parents, Wealth, Siblings, Height, Weight & Details
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||Robert Upshur Woodward.|
|Working As||1. Journalist.|
|Age||Seventy-Five (75) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 26, 1943.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Geneva, Illinois, USA.|
|Citizenship||The United States.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Current Residence||Georgetown, Washington, D.C.|
|Famous For||1. Associate editor at The Washington Post.|
2. His book “Fear: Trump in the White House”.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 10″.|
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 79 Kg.|
Pounds: 174 lbs.
|Biceps Size||15.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Eye Color||Hazel Blue.|
|Parents|| Father: Alfred Eno Woodward II.|
Mother: Jane Woodward.
|Bob Woodward Wife & Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Kathleen Middlekauff (ex-wife).|
2. Frances Kuper (ex-wife).
3. Elsa Walsh.
|Children||1. Taliesin (born 1976). |
2. Diana (born 1996).
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks.|
Actress: Charlize Theron.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Listening to music, Spending time with family, and Reading.|
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Food.|
|Bob Woodward Net worth|
|Net Asset||Approx. $5 million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.|
|Social Media Accounts||#colspan#|
Facts about Robert Upshur Woodward (Journalist)
- In the early 1970’s, Bob and Carl Bernstein did a numerous government investigation into the “Watergate scandal”. As a result, the former US President “Richard Nixon” had to resign from his post.
- According to Gene Roberts, their work was the greatest reporting efforts of all time.
- As of 2018, the estimated Bob Woodward’s Net worth is $5 million US Dollar.
- He studied History and Literature in the college.
- Furthermore, Woodward also served abroad the USS Wright during his Navy service.
Read Also: Real Full Story of Jemele Hill & her Success Secrets
- His career started when a weekly newspaper “Montgomery Sentinel” hired him as a post reporter in 1971.
- Robert won many journalism awards like Sigma Delta Chi Award (1973), Heywood Broun award (1972), George Polk Award (1972), William Allen White Medal (2000), the Gerald R. Ford Prize for Reporting on the Presidency (2002), and Worth Bingham Prize for Investigative Reporting (1972 and 1986).
- In 2012, Colby College presented Robert with the “Elijah Parish Lovejoy Award” for courageous journalism.