Andrew Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American Philanthropist, Politician, and Entrepreneur from New York, USA. Moreover, he has the experience of working with the startups as a founder and executive. Andrew is the founder of VFA in 2012. Then, the Obama Administration awards him “Champion of Change” title.
After getting his JD he joins the Davis Polk & Wardwell as a Corporate Attorney. Then, he leaves the firm to start the fundraising website “Stargivings.com” in 2000. Mr. Yang generates funds for various companies until 2001. He teams with a healthcare startup i.e. “MMF” as the Vice President.
On the other hand, Andrew files for the Presidential elections (2020) with the Federal Election Commission. Actually, he is Democratic Party candidate. His campaign proposes “Universal Freedom Pension” of $1,000 to all the US Citizens. Additionally, Yang uses “Humanity First” slogan for his campaign.
His approach is to root out corruption and provide a better environment for the workforce. On the other hand, Yang advocates the Universal Basic Plan too. On March 11, 2019, he said that he receives donations from 650,000 people. The people are supporting him known as the “Yang Gang”. Actually, this campaign is popular on Reddit, Instagram, and Facebook.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
The Presidential Candidate was born on the 13th of January 1975 in Schenectady (New York, USA). Additionally, Andrew Yang’s age is 44 years old. He is the son to the immigrant parents from Taiwan.
In fact, Andrew’s mom-dad met at the University of California. Yang’s father has a Ph.D. degree. Furthermore, he works in the IBM and General Electric’s research department. His mother is an Artist and a qualified degree holder in statistics.
Andrew has attended the New Hampshire’s boarding school i.e. Philip Exeter Academy. Moreover, he joins the Graduation program at Brown University. Later on, Yang gets his JD from the Columbia Law School.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Andrew Yang’s wife is Evelyn Yang. Moreover, he lives with her and two children in Manhattan, New York. Mr. Yang regularly goes to the church with his family. He identifies as the “Mark E. Mast” pastor. Additionally, he looks happy with his spouse. There are no clues about dating history.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Andrew Yang.|
|Profession||Philanthropist, Politician and Entrepreneur.|
|Famous For||Nominated as the Democratic Candidate for Presidential Elections 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||44 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 13, 1975.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Schenectady (New York, USA).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|Current Residence||Manhattan, New York (United States).|
|Work Experience||1. Corporate Attorney at Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York (1999).|
2. Fundraiser, Stargivings. com (2001).
3. MMF (Healthcare Startup, 2001).
4. Manhattan Prep, CEO (2006)
5. Founder of Venture for America (VFA), 2017.
|Awards||1. Champion of Change (2012). |
2. “Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, PAGE (2015).
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″.|
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.|
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-33.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||11.|
|Parents|| Father: Researcher (Name Not Known). |
Mother: Will Update.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.|
Sister: Will Update.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Evelyn Yang.|
|Children||Name Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate at the Brown University.|
2. JD from the Columbia Law School.
|School||Philip Exeter Academy.|
|Alma Mater||1. Brown University.|
2. Columbia Law School.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Jackie Chan.|
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Hong Kong, Malaysia & Bhutan.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading Books, Traveling & Watching movies.|
|Favorite Dishes||Chinese & Thai Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$10 Million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Annual Income||$250,000-320,000 USD.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Andrew Yang
- Andrew takes the acquisition of the Manhattan Prep in 2009.
- Furthermore, he has started a nonprofit “Venture for America” (VFA) during 2011.
- The mission is to make opportunities for the next generation of Americans.
- In fact, he has invested around $200,000 in VFA and graduated around 70 people.
- Moreover, the annual budget is $6 million for 2017.
- On the other hand, his prime focus is on the automation and workforce challenges of the USA.
- His company operates in cities like Baltimore, Atlanta, Kansas City, Miami, and Nashville.
- As a result, VFA has known as the “Startup Accelerator”.
- Money Factor: At Present, the estimated Andrew Yang Net worth is valued at $10 Million US Dollars, as of 2019.
- Therefore, the documentary film “Generation Startup” is about the startups of Detroit.
Explore More: The Biography of Samantha Cerio | Lifestyle, House, Story & Trivia
- Again, the Obama team acknowledges him with the “Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship (PAGE) 2015.
- Other people hold the title is Daymond John, Brian Chesky, and Tory Burch.
- The 44-year-old establishes himself as a writer too.
- One of the books written by him is “The War on Normal People: The Truth About America’s Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future” (2018).
- Though, he steps down from VFA in 2017.