Alka Lamba (born September 21, 1975) is an Indian Social Worker and Politician from New Delhi, India. She associated with Indian National Congress (INC) until 2013. In fact, Alka began her career as the Ex-President of Delhi University Student Union from NSUI. After that, she took the post of President in the National Student Union of India (NSUI).
She came into active politics when chosen in the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee as the General Secretary. Ms. Lamba contested for the election from the Moti Nagar seat of Delhi Vidhan Sabha in 2003. However, she lost it from Mr. Madan Sharma of BJP Party. She worked for the women rights as the Vice Chairperson of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development.
Then, she handled the responsibility of Government India’s Ministry of Women and Child Development. In 2013, she left Congress and joined AAP. She is the MLA from Chandini Chowk from 2015. Now, the AAPs supreme power Arvind Kejriwal is demanding resignation from her. The situation is not clear now.
She revoked on the issue of giving Bharat Ratna to Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. This matter is in the Delhi Legislative Assembly. It happened after the verdict of Delhi High School in the case of 1984 Sikh Riots. The Deputy CM Manish Sisodia claims that no one is leaving the party through a press conference.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
This Aam Adami Party MLA was born on 21st of September 1975 in New Delhi, India. Currently, Alka Lamba’s age is 43 years old. Furthermore, she is the daughter of Amar Nath Lamba (father) and Raj Kumari Lamba (mother).
She pursued her schooling from the Government Girls High School No.1. Then, she joined Dyal Singh College, the University of Delhi for her B.sc. Alka Lamba did her M.sc (Chemistry) and MEd from Stephens College.
Additionally, Ms. Lamba is the wife of Lokesh Kapoor. But, they separated in 2003. Alka has one son from her marriage named Hrithik Kapoor.
|Real Full Birth Name||Alka Lamba.|
|Profession||Politician & Social Worker.|
|In The News For||Revoking against to take Bharat Ratna from Rajiv Gandhi due to the 1984s Sikh Riots.|
|Age (As of 2018)||45 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 21, 1973.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New Delhi, India.|
|Career Timeline||1. President of DU Student Union & NSUI (1997)|
2. General Secretary of Delhi Congress (2003).
3. Chairperson of Go India Foundation.
4. AAP Party Member (2013).
5. MLA from Chandni Chowk (2015).
|Awards & Achievements||Won the MLA of the Year Award 2015 by “Dainik Prayukti”.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|Current Residence||New Delhi, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 4″.|
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.|
Pounds: 123 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-25-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents|| Father: Amar Nath Lamba. |
Mother: Raj Kumari Lamba.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known. |
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married Once).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Lokesh Kapoor (Div. 2003).|
|Highest Qualification||1. B.sc from Dyal Singh College.|
2. M.sc (Chemistry) and M Ed from St. Stephens College.
|School||Government Girls High School No.1.|
|College/ University||1. Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi.|
2. St. Stephens College.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Shahrukh Khan.|
Actress: Alia Bhatt.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Read Books & Cooking.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza & Spring Roll.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs. 40 Lakh Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Monthly Income & Earnings||Rs. 20,000-25,000 INR (as the Delhi Vidhan Sabha MLA).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Alka Lamba
- Alka is the Chairperson of the NGO “Go India Foundation”.
- The famous Bollywood stars Salman Khan and Riteish Deshmukh supports the initiatives.
- Furthermore, her NGO supports women empowerment and blood donation camps.
- Lamba created news back in 2015 for destructing wine shops in Delhi.
- However, she told about the identity of the girl in the Guhawati Molestation Case.
- Later, the fact-finding NCW committee has removed her.
- On the other hand, the “Dainik Prayukti” awarded as the MLA of the Year 2015.
- Usually, she visited Russia, USA, and China to give speeches related to Women Empowerment.
- During 2006, she moved to the UN conference concerned with the women leadership programs.
Hot Pick: The Story of Swaroop Raj | Wikipedia & Full Details
- She made her move to different countries like Sri Lanka, Brunei, Singapore and Malaysia in the Queen Baton Rally of Delhi Commonwealth Games of 2010.
- Moreover, she attended the cultural festival in London on the International Widow Day by UN in 2007.
- She actively took part in the disaster management programs organized in Nepal.