Aatish Taseer (November 27, 1980) is a British-Indian Journalist, Author, Media Personality and Writer from London, UK. Earlier, he wrote interesting stories for the magazines like Time, Financial Prospects, The Sunday Telegraph, and Prospect. He acclaimed for translating the short stories of Saadat Hasan Manto from Urdu. It is “Manto: Selected Stories” (2008).
Additionally, he penned several books like “The Temple-Goers”, “Noon Faber Faber in the USA”, “Stranger to History: A Son’s Journey Through Islamic Land” and “The Twice-Born: Life and Death on the Ganges”. Aatish created a controversial content about “Ground Zero of Mosques” in Manhattan in 2010.
After Osama Bin Laden (Terrorist) death, he wrote a piece of article for “The Financial Times”. Actually, he condemned the rule of Pakistan through his write-up “Pakistan’s Rogue Army Runs a Shattered State”. Recently, Taseer has written an article on PM Modi titled as “India’s Divide in Chief”.
He focuses to bring Modi’s Hinduism image by the “TIME Magazine” content. Though, the international media is criticizing his views on the Indian leader. Even, Wikipedia vandalized his page for a few hours. On the other hand, the Congress party is using the content against Mr. Modi.
In fact, Rahul Gandhi (President, Congress) is appreciating Aatish views on the Indian Prime Minister. Mr. Taseer called Mr. Narendra Modi as “Calamity for India”. Still, he can easily ignore certain women empowerment issues.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Tavleen Singh’s son was born on the 27th of November 1980 in London, United Kingdom. Furthermore, Aatish Taseer’s age is around 38 years old. In fact, he lived in Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi with his parents. Aatish’s father is Salman Taseer (Liberal Politician & Business Executive).
Moreover, Tavleen Singh (Columnist and Writer) is his mother. His mom-dad met in a book promotion in Pakistan in 1950. However, Salman assassinated as on January 4, 2011, in Islamabad, Pakistan. Additionally, he attended a residential school i.e. Kodaikanal International School.
Aatish received in Dual Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and French at Amherst College, Massachusetts. Aatish’s grandfather M.D. Taseer was a famous Urdu Poet of his time. Additionally, Bilqis Taseer is his grandmother.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Aatish is currently Ryan Davis (Lawyer) spouse since 2016. In the past, he fell in love with Lady Gabriela Windsor. Actually, Windsor is the daughter of Prince and Princess of Michael of Kent. Taseer broke his relationship with her in a short span.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Aatish Taseer.|
|Profession||Writer & Journalist.|
|Age (As of 2019)||38 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 27, 1980.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||London, United Kingdom.|
|Famous For||His controversial “TIME Magazine” article “India’s Divide in Chief” on Narendra Modi.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagitatus.|
|Social Media Stats|| Instagram: @aatishalitaseer (3533 followers). |
|Books Authored||1. Manto Selected Stories (2008).|
2. Stranger to History: A Son’s Journey Through Islamic Lands (2009).
3. Terra Islamica. Auf der Suche nach der Welt meines Vaters (2009).
4. The Temple Goers (2010).
5. Noon, Faber & Faber (2011).
6. The Way Things Were (2014).
7. he Twice-Born: Life and Death on the Ganges (2019).
|Awards||Shorlisted at the Costa First Novel Award (2010) for “The Temple Goers Book”.|
|Current Residence||New Delhi (India) & London (UK).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″.|
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.|
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-34-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||10.|
|Tattoos details?||will update.|
|Parents|| Father: Late Salman Taseer (Liberal Politician & Business Executive).|
Mother: Tavleen Singh (Columnist and Writer).
|Relatives||Grandfather: M.D. Taseer (Urdu Poet). |
Grandmother: Bilqis Taseer.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2016.|
|Dating History?||Affair with Lady Gabriela Windsor.|
|Girlfriend||Lady Gabriela Windsor.|
|Spouse Name||Ryan Davis (Lawyer).|
|Highest Qualification||Dual Degree in Political Science & French.|
|School||Kodaikanal International School.|
|Alma Mater||Amherst College, Massachusetts.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.|
Actress: Meghan Markle.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Iceland.|
|Love to do||Travel, Writing articles & Shopping.|
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$2.5 Million US Dollars.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||London, UK.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Aatish Taseer
- Wikipedia: Aatish has an estranged relationship with his father.
- On the other hand, Taseer shortlisted for the Costa First Novel Award (2010) for his book “The Temple-Goers”.
- In fact, he has Twitter fights with Ejaz Haider (Pakistani Journalist) and Shashi Tharoor (Former UN Minister & UN Under-Secretary).
- His “Wall Street Journal” stated an article regarding “Why my father hated India”.
- Actually, he covers the issues of hatred and 1947 partition.
- As a result, it created a firestorm on Twitter and other social media channels.
- Haider revealed that Aatish might be suffering from “Identity Crisis”.
Explore More: The Biography of Jose Julian, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Additionally, “The Indian Express” called it “Aatish Personal Fire”.
- After losing his father, he wrote content regarding the Pakistan politics on “The Daily Telegraph”.
- Meanwhile, his opinion based content received critical appreciation and attention.
- He has drawn the world’s attention towards feudal Pakistan by “Travel with the Mango King”.